Acupuncture is a holistic therapy, it reduces pain and relieves stress symptoms.
For Best Results, I use a combination of TCM therapies including acupuncture, reflexology, cupping, massage, gua-sha, heat therapy & electro nerve stimulation.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the main natural healing methods used by Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
One of the world's oldest medical systems, the use of Acupuncture in Europe and North America began to spread during the second half of the twentieth century and gained popularity due to good results. Today, it is a widely practiced, safe and effective, natural form of health care, used in Western Medicine as well as by Practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Acupuncture therapy is based on the concept of Qi, the life force or energy which flows around the body and regulates your health. According to TCM theory, disease results if the flow of Qi is blocked. Acupuncture points are located on the meridians through which Qi flows. It works by relieving blockages at key points along the meridians. By enabling Qi to flow smoothly, balance and harmony are restored to your body, giving it the support it needs to prevent health problems and treat illness and disease.
Acupuncture is the insertion of very tiny needles in certain spots (acupuncture points) on the body. The needles move energy (Qi) and this can relieve blockages, promote blood flow and energy flow, expel cold, clear heat...
These are Traditional Chinese Medicine terms which the TCM practitioner uses to formulate a diagnosis and put together a treatment plan.
The goal is to get rid of 'excesses' and to supply what is 'deficient' and to promote Qi and Blood flow. Acupuncture can help stimulate the brain to release certain hormones and promote the removal of toxins. Acupuncture helps the body and mind reach a 'balanced' state in which the body will heal faster and with longer lasting results.
Acupuncture can help restore your health and prevent illness
Acupuncture treats a wide range of disorders including:
Digestive system conditions
Payment: acupuncture treatments are $75/hour session.
An hour session can include other modalities like Chinese massage, Cupping, hot stone therapy....at no extra cost.
What to expect during your first acupuncture treatment
- you will be asked to fill out an intake form
- your therapist will then do an assessment: ask questions about your symptoms, health history. We will take your pulse and look at your tongue.
- we will discuss the diagnosis and treatment plan.
- you are encouraged to ask questions.
- you will have privacy to undress to the necessary level, depending on the treatment.
- some treatments can be done while dressed.
- your therapist will create a calm environment and insert the needles (3 to 15)
- the needles are hair fine. You might feel a sensation (like a mosquito bite)
- you will be left for 15 min to 30 min. with the needles: time to relax.
- the therapist will then come in to remove the needles and continue with the other therapies to help with the healing process: acupressure, tui-na massage, cupping or hot stone therapy.
- when the therapy is finished you will be encouraged to relax for 5 min. Then slowly get up and get dressed again.
- we will give you some tips for self care and home care: to drink extra water after an acupuncture treatment and take it easy for the rest of the day and depending on your diagnosis we will also suggest the foods to limit and the foods to increase in your diet.
-we encourage every client to ask questions, information about the treatment, acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine will help your mind and body work together towards a speedier recovery.
These Chinese acupuncture models are carefully labeled with acupuncture points, pressure points and meridians. Treating specific points helps to eliminate or reduce pain in the body. Less pain = faster healing
'Hegu' or LI 4 is a very common and useful point.
It is treated for any pain condition related to the face and head. LI 4 is known as 'the pain point'.
We only use pre-sterilized, single use, disposable needles. They each have a plastic guiding tube and are manufactured under sterile conditions into blister packs.
Chinese Medicine Therapies can improve your health and prevent illness.